Fundy Funeral Home is one of many Co-Operative Funeral Homes, which trace their beginnings to the turn of the century, throughout the 1940's and 1950's in western Canada, and in the 1960's and 1970's in this region. The third such development for New Brunswick was the Fundy Funeral Home, opening its doors on Sept. 10, 1995 providing dedicated service to the residents of Saint John, New Brunswick, and surrounding areas for both non-members, and members.
The founders were a group of individuals who were members of the Co-op Credit Union movement, they had a vision to provide a service to the community thru member ownership. The original founders were: Richard Anderson, M. Carpenter, Malcolm Daley, Bernie Desmond, Roy Mackin, Bette McClary, Jean Prime and Carla Tesink.
The Board of Directors has operated a successful funeral home since that time. There are nine board members elected at the Annual General Meeting each year.